So, with a fridge full of super free and free foods (explained below) today I start my new journey to a slimmer and healthier me!
I'll be doing the Slimming World Extra Easy diet plan as although I have previously failed at it :( I find it the best diet I’ve tried.
The Basics:
With Slimming World's Extra Easy Plan (Yes, it really is extra easy once you’ve got the hang of it!) you are encouraged to fill 1/3 of your plate at each meal with super free foods (listed below) and 2/3 of your plate with free foods (also listed below).
You are also allowed each day two Healthy Extras, an A Choice and a B Choice. Your A Choice is either a measured amount of milk or cheese and your B Choice is either a measured amount of bread or high fibre cereal, certain soups, tinned or dried fruit, nuts and seeds.
Each day you are also allowed between 5-15 Syns. Syns are anything usually considered naughty on a diet such as chocolate, crisps, biscuits, take-aways, supermarket ready meals and alcohol. All sauces like ketchup and mayo have syn values as well as cooking oil. Basically if you have anything that is not classed as Super free, Free, or one of your Healthy Extra's you must syn it.
So, What are Super free foods? These are most fruit, vegetables and salad.
What are Free foods? This is all meat as long as all visible fat is cut off, pasta, potatoes and rice. Worcestershire sauce, Bovril, herbs and spices, tomato puree and frylight (an alternative to cooking oil) are also free. Diet soft drinks, sugar free squash, tea and coffee are also free.
So here I go. Wish me luck!!
If anyone reading this is currently on the Slimming World diet or has previously tried it, let me know your thoughts.
Kerry x


No comments:
Post a Comment